In line with the launch of our new Air New Zealand Australia campaign we invite our clients to stop by our Australia in Virtual Reality experience event to be held Friday, October 14th at Life HTX in Houston. NO RSVPs required as the event is free flow and will run from 11am-4pm with no presentation. Therefore, you are welcome to pop in at any time. This is a great opportunity for a fun afternoon out to inspire you to travel Downunder! Feel free to forward the invite to your local friends, family and clients. Note complimentary flat whites will be served.
See you in Houston on Friday, October 14th!
Tourism Australia and Air New Zealand &
Remember The Passport Crisis of 2006 & 2007?
Almost 10 years ago it became a requirement to have a passport. Which lead to a long processing times for passports.
All of the passports from the crisis of 2007 will now be expiring in the next 18 months! And to confound the situation there are some changes with the ability to add visa pages that will force people to apply for passports.
Did you know that 125 million US citizens have passports?
Go find your passports NOW and check the expiration dates.
WHY? Because some countries require passports to be valid for 6 MONTHS beyond their arrival back into the US.
What you need to know:
- Two options will be available: Passports will come with either 28 or 52 pages with no difference in cost. Get the 52 pages. You never know when you will come into some money and fill that passport up!
- The travel industry is back! That means more people are traveling. Hence longer processing times
- Passport cards are wallet-sized passports can only be used for land and sea (NO FLIGHTS!) travel between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. Passport cards are smaller and less expensive. I advise a passport book!
- Passports ages are:
- 16 yrs and older are adults – passport is valid for 10 years
- 15 and under are children – passport is valid for 5 years (yes that includes newborns. If they are breathing they have to be packing a passport!)
Let’s talk money!
- New, replacement or renewal of a passport book: $110 if age 16 and older; $80 if under the age of 16.
- New, replacement or renewal of a passport card: $30 if age 16 and older; $15 if under the age of 16.
- Expedited service (optional): an additional $60.00 per application.
- The acceptance or execution fee of $25 is paid to any U.S. Passport Acceptance Agency
******* This is Government stuff y’all- It can & will change ***************
How to save yourself?
Go & renew or apply for passports now.
Don’t wait until you feel a vacation “itch” coming
The Passport process is not hard. May take a little preparation but it is so worth it!
Do not miss out on your opportunities to see beautiful places because you are afraid of a passport process!
Wishing you 80° & Palm Trees! — Wendi
What are some of your favorite passport stamps? Share them with us!
A couple of weeks ago we travelled with our family to Jamaica from Houston. Being a parent I over pack and over think. My 14 yr old son Connor loves the color orange. It is just about ridiculous. So the time came to lay out clothes for our early morning flight, he had all orange clothes set out (notice I was able to switch out the shorts.) I am talking head to toe! It was late and not worth the argument.
We arrive the IAH airport and the lines are long, people are everywhere. Multiple check in lines forced us to “divide and conqueror.” Here we go, we will NOT miss this flight.
I lost Martin (hubby) and I lost Payton (17 yr old daughter). In record time, they were missing. But not my sweet little “Connor Mon” decked out in full orange. He was easy to find and always where we needed him to be. My theory on the “Road Worker Orange,” has changed.
It reminded me of a family that had gone to Disney World with us several years ago. They all wore Lime green shirts the entire time. We did not have to look hard to find them. Just look for a cluster of lime green and there they were!
Think about this post the next time you plan to travel to heavily populated areas. Pick a color that is easily seen or everyone wear close to the same color. People may look at you funny when you are all together but guess what? You are ALL together. Not frantically searching for each other. Airports can be weird and stressful. Kids with phones look down and never know where you have gone. While they are aimlessly walking thru an airport, you are frantic! Not a good way to start or end a vacation.